Anthony Joshua emerges as potential Tyson Fury replacement to face Klitschko
His promoter Eddie Hearn wants to make the fight a reality in November14:38 Saturday 24 September 2016, 14:38 24 Sep 2016
Anthony Joshua is ready to step in after fellow British boxing world champion Tyson Fury had to withdraw from his world heavyweight title fight with Wladimir Klitschko.
Fury has been deemed "medically unfit" to defend his WBA and WBO heavyweight titles, which he won from the Ukrainian last November in the original fight.
At present, Joshua holds the IBF belt.
His promoter Eddie Hearn told Sky Sports News that they are prepared to replace Fury.
"From our side, if Wladimir Klitschko against Anthony Joshua can be made for the WBA and the IBF belts, for 26th November, we are taking that fight, no question," he said.
"But, as always in boxing it's a very complicated process. There is so much that needs to happen and I don't feel like they'll strip Tyson Fury just yet. I hope they don't, because we want the winner of that fight, Fury against Klitschko.
"We want to fight Tyson Fury really, that's a unification fight between two Brits in the heavyweight division, that's never happened before and it'll never again."
Fury was originally supposed to defend his title in July but was forced to withdraw because of an injury sustained during his training camp.
He is currently subject of a UK Anti-Doping investigation after failing a drugs test.
The British boxer won the WBA and WBO titles last year against Klitschko and was stripped of his IBF title for failing to take on a mandatory challenger.
The very best bits delivered every weekSubscribe now