Ospreys managing director Andrew Millward made the claims while speaking to the BBC this week
Dan Biggar is going nowhere, says Ospreys managing director Andrew Millward and has dubbed reports of a move to Northampton Saints as 'fake news'.
Speaking to BBC Radio Wales, Millward reaffirmed that the club have received no approach for the fly-half, despite the Saints looking for a replacement for JJ Hanrahan.
"I picked it [the speculation] up on Twitter last week and apparently the signing was imminent," he said.
"The reality of the situation is, Dan's not come to us and said that he has signed, Northampton haven't been in touch with us to mention anything.
"Saying that, being on an NDC [National Dual Contract], I'm not aware that Northampton have gone to the WRU."
He added: "So in that sense, what would Donald Trump call it? Fake news?"
Biggar has been at the forefront of the Welsh national team and his deal with the WRU expires at the end of next season.
"There's usually a six-month clause before they're [the players] allowed to be in contact with any other club about signing," he said.
"I'd be really disappointed if there hadn't been some communication [to the club] on that from the agent or club, or both."
Ospreys face Stade Francais this Sunday in the quarter-final of the Challenge Cup.
Wales' Dan Biggar (right) during the RBS Six Nations against Ireland at the Principality Stadium, Cardiff. Image: David Davies/PA Wire/PA Images