Eric Trump talks up future Open return to Turnberry
US President Donald Trump bought the course three years ago18:26 Monday 10 April 2017, 18:26 10 Apr 2017
Donald Trump's son Eric says there is no reason Turnberry will not host The Open golf tournament again in the near future.
The current President of the United States of America bought the Ayrshire course in June 2014, although the directorship has now been passed on to his sons Eric and Donald Jr.
Since then Open organisers have refused to commit to a return to the golf course.
The tournament was last played at Turnberry eight years ago, and remains on a 10 strong list of venues.
Eric Trump told Sky Sports News they want it back at Turnberry.
"They have been very clear that The Open will return to Turnberry and I think that's a beautiful statement and property like this which has so much history including Robert De Bruce being born on the property," he said.
The 2017 Open takes place at Royal Birkdale Golf Club, with the action teeing off on July 20th.
In 2018, the tournament will head to Carnoustie in Scotland, before Northern Ireland's Royal Portrush in Co Antrim hosts The Open in 2019 for the first time since 1951 and only the second time in total.
Then in 2020, it is the turn of Royal St George's for the first time since Darren Clarke won there in 2010 after the club voted to admit women members in 2015.
Beyond 2020, however, there are no venues confirmed.
The very best bits delivered every weekSubscribe now