GALLERY: GAA Championship Round-Up

There was a feast of football and hurling action today.

GALLERY: GAA Championship Round-Up

©INPHO/Tommy Dickson

There were a number of provincial hurling and football championship games down for decision today.

Clare outclassed Limerick in the Munster SHC, while there were Leinster SFC victories for Kildare and Meath. 

Despite conceding two goals, Down edged out Armagh in their Ulster SFC encounter.

Munster SHC: Limerick 2-16 3-17 Clare

Image: Shane O'Donnell scores a goal for his side. Picture Credit: ©INPHO/Tommy Dickson.

Clare booked their place in the Munster final for the first time since 2008, with forward ace Shane O'Donnell rediscovering some of the scoring form which made him a hero in their 2013 All-Ireland triumph.

O'Donnell and Conor McGrath combined to hit 3-5 as Limerick struggled to live with the Banner county for much of the first half.

Limerick rallied in the second half, scoring a goal through teenager Kyle Hayes to make the concluding moments a cliff-hanger, but Clare's victory was assured.

Leinster SFC: Meath 0-27 3-09 Louth; Kildare 1-21 1-07 Laois

Image: Kildare's Niall Kelly glides past Colm Begley of Laois. Picture Credit: ©INPHO/Donall Farmer.

Graham Reilly was pivotal to Meath's victory over a gutsy Louth this weekend, hitting seven points from play to ensure victory for Andy McEntee's side.

Three Louth goals kept them in touch with the Royals, including a penalty from Jim McEnaney, but they couldn't contain Meath's point-taking power.

Meanwhile, Kildare cruised to victory against Laois in Tullamore to see them progress to the Leinster semi-finals. Cian O'Neill's side laid the foundation early on, and built on a 0-12 1-02 half-time lead to storm home 14 points clear in the end.

Ulster SFC: Down 0-15 2-07 Armagh

Image: Down's Shay Millar with Charlie Vernon of Armagh. Picture Credit: ©INPHO/Presseye/Matt Mackey.

Down and Armagh played out an entertaining contest to book their place in the Ulster semi-finals. Goals from Mark Shields and Andrew Murnin kept the pressure on Down, but some wayward shooting proved costly for Armagh as suspended manager Kieran McGeeney watched on from the stands.