The Real Madrid announced the news today via Twitter
Karim Benzema will take no part in France's Euro 2016 preparations, the Real Madrid striker revealed this evening.
Benzema is currently under investigation for his part in the alleged blackmail attempt of France team-mate Mathieu Valbuena.
The emergence of reports last week that he was called as a witness as part of a money laundering case cast doubt over his his potential participation.
Malheureusement pour moi et pour tous ceux qui m'ont toujours soutenu et supporté. Je ne serai pas sélectionné pour notre Euro en France...— Karim Benzema (@Benzema) April 13, 2016
"Unfortunately for me and for all those who have always supported me, I will not be selected for the Euros in France," he wrote.
His inclusion in Didier Deschamps plans was subject to speculation, but the manager and the FFF today announced that he will take no part in the European Championships.
The striker has made 81 appearances for the country and has scored 27 times for Les Bleus.
"We will see what the president says. My state of mind is calm and peaceful. I hope that the news will be good" he told beIN Sport regarding his inclusion to the national team.
"The France team, as I say all the time, is close to my heart. Playing in a competition at home – any player dreams of doing that.
“Personally I am (committed). I play for the biggest club in the world and I am fighting every day to earn my place.”