LOI Premier Division Round-Up: Cork City secure perfect 10

The league leaders beat St Pats away from home to win their 10th game from 10 so far

Garry Buckley, Cork City,

Cork's Garry Buckley celebrates scoring a goal with teammates ©INPHO/Tommy Dickson

Cork City have made it 10 wins from 10 as their perfect start to the League of Ireland Premier Division season continues. 

The league leaders secured a 3-0 away at St Patrick's Athletic as John Caulfield's reach the 30 point mark in the season without dropping a single point from the available 30 thus far this campaign.

The win over Pats remained scoreless until just after the hour mark when Ryan Delaney opened the scoring.

Karl Sheppard made it 2-0 five minutes before full time, before Garry Buckley added a third late on.

While Cork stay nine points clear, St Pats stay 10th in the table after a slow start to the season. 

Dundalk and Bray Wanderers stay second and third, both nine points behind Cork, after securing home wins.

Reigning champions Dundalk saw off Bohemians 2-0 at Oriel Park thanks to an early opener David McMillan and a 66th minute score goal from Michael Duffy.

Bray were involved in a high scoring fixture against Shamrock Rovers, running out 4-2 winners at the Carlisle Grounds.

Bray's Dylan Connolly celebrates scoring ©INPHO/Donall Farmer

Rovers led through Darren Meenan but two goals from Gary McCabe (his second from the penalty spot) and one each from Dylan Connolly and Jason Marks had Bray 4-1 up by the hour mark.

Rovers suffered another setback as Michael O'Connor was red carded with 10 minutes to go, but they did get a late consolation goal from Jason Doona.

Drogheda United moved above Finn Harps into 7th with goals in each from Adam Wixted and Gavin Brennan securing a 2-0 away win in Ballybofey. 

Bottom side Galway United remain without a win but picked up another point with a 1-1 draw away at fourth placed Limerick.

The home side took the lead through Robbie Williams on 32 minutes but Galway did not sit and wait to contemplate their fate as as David Cawley levelled with five minutes to go.