Luis Ortiz lined up to face winner of Anthony Joshua and Wladimir Klitschko fight
Cuban touted for fight by WBA president15:29 Tuesday 20 December 2016, 15:29 20 Dec 2016
Cuban heavyweight Luis Ortiz is in line to fight the winner of Anthony Joshua and Wladimir Klitschko for the WBA's 'Super' heavyweight title next year.
World Boxing Association president Gilberto Jesus Mendoza, who succeeded his father in March, says that he will sanction a fight between Ortiz and the winner of the April 29th IBF title bout between Joshua and Klitschko at Wembley.
"The decision is the following: Joshua will fight Klitschko, the winner will have to face Ortiz," said Mendoza to FightNews.
"We decided to give him a chance at the winner. I will set deadlines between the winner of Joshua and Klitschko."
Ortiz has a professional record of 27 wins and zero losses in his career so far.
The 37-year-old southpaw defeated Britain's David Allen on December 10th in Manchester on the same fight card that saw Joshua defeat American Eric Molina.
The very best bits delivered every weekSubscribe now