The interim featherweight title contender is looking for his 10th consecutive victory this weekend
Max Holloway has been in devastating form since his decision loss to Conor McGregor back in 2013.
The Irishman continued on his path to dominating the featherweight division, while the Hawaiian went away to reflect on the result.
Since then, he's experienced a complete transformation. Nine wins on the bounce has seen him become one of the divisions best ranked fighters and thanks to Daniel Cormier's injury forcing him out of his UFC 206 main event this weekend, Holloway has been given his shot at gold... sort of.
He takes on Anthony Pettis in Toronto this Saturday night, with the winner being crowned interim featherweight champion and will be given a shot at 'undisputed' champion Jose Aldo.
In the run up to the fight, Holloway was asked whether he would want another shot at McGregor despite the fact that it is increasingly unlikely he will return to featherweight in the future.
"First things first, I’ve got Pettis," Holloway told MMAFighting.com. "But you know, a McGregor fight can happen anyway. He said 155, 170, I recently said I'll go ahead and fight heavyweight if he wants to fight heavyweight."
Should he pursue a fight against McGregor, he would likely have to leave the division that he has gone on to dominate so effectively, but says that 155lbs would be no problem for him.
"My birthday is in a couple days, I’m 25. My body is growing. You know? The plan is to kill everybody, take out all the contenders, no whining.
"When I get my title shot, I get my shot. Take down [opponents] and ask whose next and see what happens ... I’m Hawaiian, I’m Polynesian, us boys can get big, so we’ll see what happens."