Paul Gascoigne 'determined to get back on track' after suffering a relapse with alcohol addiction

the 48-year-old said he realised he had a problem at the age of 33

BY Sinéad Farrell 11:32 Saturday 26 March 2016, 11:32 26 Mar 2016

Neil Munns / PA Wire/Press Association Images

Former soccer star Paul Gascoigne says he is determined to continue battling against alcohol addiction after it was reported that he suffered a relapse earlier this week.

Photos recently emerged showing Gascoigne with cuts to his face in what was descirbed as ''a bad week'' for the 48-year-old who is currently recovering at home. It is said that he sustained the injuries during a drinking binge.

The former Newcastle star, affectonately known as Gazza, was not admitted to hospital or rehab after the incident took place on Tuesday.

A Sporting Speakers posted a statement on their Facebook page this morning illustrating the progress Gascoigne has made since the photos were published and emphasising that he is 'determined to get back on track.'

 

Paul has had a bad week. This photograph is of him at 8.10 this morning. The Sun photos were bad but this is two days...

Posted by A1 Sporting Speakers on Saturday, 26 March 2016
News

Olive Loughnane confirmed as a World Champion

12:03 Thursday 24 March 2016 0 Minute Read
News

Henshaw starts on the bench for Connacht's clash with Leinster

12:31 Friday 25 March 2016 0 Minute Read
News

Kevin Doyle has posted an extremely gruesome photo of the leg gash he suffered tonight

23:20 Friday 25 March 2016 0 Minute Read
News

PIC: Bray Wanderers go for on-field mural for 1916 commemoration

16:35 Friday 25 March 2016 0 Minute Read
Off The Ball

Newsletter

The very best bits of Off The Ball delivered every week