UFC President Dana White: 'Conor McGregor not in our plans for the next 10 months'
He was speaking to the media ahead of UFC 207 this week20:30 Thursday 29 December 2016, 20:30 29 Dec 2016
UFC President Dana White insists that Conor McGregor will not be competing within the promotion for the forseeable future.
White has gone had previously gone on record to say that father-to-be McGregor would be taking some time away from the sport while his partner Dee Devlin has the couple's first child.
McGregor fought four times between December 2015 and November 2016, in which time he became both UFC lightweight and featherweight champion. He was later stripped of his featherweight strap.
Speaking ahead of UFC 207 this week, White again was very clear that McGregor would be taking nearly a year off from the sport.
"The last conversation Conor and I had, he was taking 10 months off," White said. "Everybody keeps talking about Conor but I’m not even thinking about Conor. He’s not in my plans for the next 10 months.
"We run a business where we make fights. I know who is available and I know who is not available. Conor told me: 'I’m not available for 10 months. We’re having a baby, my girl stresses out when I fight and I don’t want to put that on her.' I respect it.
"He’s not in any of our plans for the next 10 months."
In response to McGregor's frustrations at not being included in business talks with the company, White added: "When Conor’s ready to talk, he knows where I am."
Conor McGregor became the first fighter in UFC history to hold belts in two different weight divisions at the same time. Image: Julio Cortez AP/Press Association Images
The very best bits delivered every weekSubscribe now