Mayo GAA has apologised to millionaire benefactor Tim O'Leary and promised "financial reforms", drawing to an end O'Leary's legal action against the county board.
O'Leary, who is the financier of the Mayo Supporters Foundation, last month said he would sue the county board over concerns of how they had spent a €150,000 donation he made.
The Bahamas-based businessman had also expressed deep concerns about governance issues at the county.
On Friday evening O'Leary and Mayo GAA released a joint statement announcing that the dispute which rumbled throughout the off-season had finally come to an end.
The statement revealed that all parties "have accepted that the best interests of Mayo GAA had to come first so that a resolution could be found in the shortest time possible."
Chairman of the county board, Liam Mofatt, said that financial reforms would take place and offered an apology to O'Leary for the dispute: "I fully accept that Mr. O’Leary’s motivation, as indeed all parties motivation, from the outset was to assist Mayo GAA and it is regrettable that relationships between Mayo GAA and The Foundation deteriorated over governance concerns."
"We have outlined the financial reforms that are taking place within Mayo GAA and I have offered Mr. O’Leary and his family an apology for any inappropriate and personal remarks towards him, an apology which Mr. O’Leary has accepted.”
The statement added that O'Leary had now drawn to a close all legal proceedings and apologised "for some of his own behaviours."
“I’m most grateful to the many donors who have supported the Foundation and delighted to see that their donations are going to be used to help fund the development of the Academy which is so important to the future development of Mayo teams," O'Leary added.
Earlier in December, the supporters federation had offered a figure of at least €1,000,000 to the county board over a five-year period if it could fulfill nine demands of the organisation.
It appears that funding may now make its way towards the county after all.