Mayo GAA's millionaire benefactor, Tim O'Leary, has apologised after calling for James Horan's sacking on Twitter over the weekend.
O'Leary, who is the financier of the Mayo Supporters Foundation, took to Twitter after 13-man Mayo's 2-16 to 0-13 defeat against Monaghan in Clones on Sunday.
A sole tweet after 5pm read simply: "#Horanout". The Bahamas-based businessman followed that up two hours later, writing: "#Horanout We are not very good. #Truthhurts always."
Both tweets were later deleted and on Monday morning, O'Leary used his account to apologise for his outburst.
"Sorry for my outburst yesterday - had a few too many pints - lesson learned - I am going to keep my mouth shut going forward," he wrote.
O'Leary had previously spent much of the winter embroiled in a bitter row with the Mayo County Board due to his concerns over how they spent a €150,000 donation he made.
O'Leary's threats to sue the county board were eventually dropped after he received an apology from the board and reforms were promised.
Discussing the outburst against Horan, Anthony Moyles said that while O'Leary was entitled to his opinion his words were antagonistic given his involvement with the county.
"His opinion matters a whole lot more than a fella who has never given a bob to it or has never really been involved with it. He has weight to it.
"He is entitled to his opinion, but he also has a duty I would imagine because he is a guy who is sponsoring the whole set up," Moyles said on Monday's OTB AM.
"So, although his opinion is okay and he can say whatever he likes, doing stuff like that and putting it out there is just antagonistic, really.
"The only opinion that matters is the management team and the committee so if they are able to do that, fine, but if they are being influenced by something like that then you are in trouble.
"And it would seem they have been in the past so, yes, it is toxic but that's where you need a strong committee to be able to say, 'You don't need to be putting that stuff out there.'"