A third meeting of Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield is moving ever closer to becoming reality.
53-year old Tyson has recently returned to training having claimed he’d be open to some exhibition bouts.
Fellow quinquagenarian Holyfield has also been back in the gym lately, and admitted he'd be open to a charity bout with the man who once bit a chunk out of his ear.
I'm dedicating my comeback to my mother❤️The woman that gave me the tools I needed to become a champion and the love I needed to mold my character into the man I am today 💯💪🏿🥊 pic.twitter.com/DUep91UYpP
— Evander Holyfield (@holyfield) May 19, 2020
Speaking to TMZ, Tyson said he hoped the pair could meet for a third time in order to help others.
"That would be awesome for charity," said the former heavyweight champion of the world, "Can you imagine me and him going in the ring together?"
The previous two meetings of Tyson and Holyfield were both won by the latter, with the second of those bouts in the summer of 1997 ending in disqualification for Tyson.
"I'm in good shape, I feel really good!" said marijuana magnate Tyson.
"Anything is possible," he added, noting that he's "having fun, looking good, showing off my new bod and stuff."
57-year old Holyfield said earlier in the week that primary discussions about a contest had already taken place.
"Mike and I talked once about this and from that point on his people have spoken to my people.
“We are not at a point where we are at an agreement but there have been conversations.
"There are some big people from different countries who would like for us to do it.
"My whole thing is, ‘Yes, if there is a way we can do it, then do it’.
"Me being me and Mike being who Mike is, I know it could be something big."
And if charities are on board, then it would appear Tyson is too.
"Hey, listen, there are a lot of people out there that need help and something like that could help a lot of people, that's in need for help."