In the wake of the seismic announcement that Wimbledon has been cancelled, US Open organisers insist this year's renewal at Flushing Meadows will go ahead as planned.
The 2020 Championships at the All England club were cancelled on Wednesday for the first time since the second World War.
They became the first of this year's Grand Slams to be called off outright because of the coronavirus pandemic.
As a result, both the WTA and ATP have announced further postponements to their tours, effectively cancelling the 2020 grass court season.
The French Open had already been moved to a September 20 start date at Roland Garros.
And the US Tennis Association are adamant that their showpiece will happen almost immediately prior to events in Paris (August 24 to September 13).
An update on the 2020 US Open: pic.twitter.com/RWERrYUrky
— US Open Tennis (@usopen) April 1, 2020
A USTA statement acknowledged the "unique circumstances" facing the All-England Club and their reasoning for cancelling Wimbledon 2020.
They continue by saying, "at this time the USTA still plans to hold the US Open as scheduled, and we continue to hone plans to stage the tournament.
"The USTA is carefully monitoring the rapidly-changing environment surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, and is preparing for all contingencies."
The Flushing Meadows home of the US Open is currently being used as a battleground against the coronavirus pandemic.
New York has seen (at time of writing) 1,096 deaths as a result of COVID-19.
The Billie Jean King National Tennis is being used as a 350-bed temporary hospital facility.
While the second largest stadium in the complex - the Louis Armstrong Stadium - is being used "to prepare and distribute up to 25,000 packages of meals every day."
Grass court cancellations
Having recently suspended their tours, with Wimbledon in mind, to early June - both the ATP and WTA have pushed that resumption date back to July 13 at the earliest.
Traditional Wimbledon warm-up tournaments at Queen's Club, Halle, Eastbourne, Nottingham and Birmingham have all been called off.
"Regrettably, the ongoing COVID-19 global pandemic leaves us with no choice but to suspend the Tour further; a decision we’ve made in close cooperation with our members and the other governing bodies of tennis,” said Andrea Gaudenzi, ATP Chairman.
"Health and safety remains the top priority as we navigate the challenges ahead in these unprecedented times, and we will do everything we can for the Tour to resume at the earliest opportunity once it is safe to do so."
"This was a decision that the WTA and its members did not take lightly, however we remain vigilant in protecting the health and safety of our players, staff and fans,” said Steve Simon, WTA Chairman and CEO.
"While we share in the disappointment of the season’s further postponement, our priority remains to support each other during this unprecedented time and work together as a sport in preparation of our return to play."
Download the brand new OffTheBall App in the Play Store & App Store right now! We've got you covered!
Subscribe to OffTheBall's YouTube channel for more videos, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for the latest sporting news and content.