Celtic confirmed on Sunday that an unnamed player at the club has tested positive for Covid-19
The Scottish Premiership champions are due to play Hibs in the league on Monday night.
The news comes following their recent controversial mid-season trip to Dubai.
Manager Neil Lennon had to defended their decision to travel this week to undergo a warm-weather training camp, despite the coronavirus pandemic.
He said the journey had been risk assessed and was arranged in conjunction with Scottish football's Joint Response Group.
The trip was organised in November and the club requested their match with Hibernian be moved to Monday night.
The entire Celtic squad was tested upon arrival into Glasgow Airport on Friday before receiving Sunday's results.
Celtic today confirmed that one player has recorded a positive test for covid-19. Clearly the player will receive all our care and full support.
All other members of our squad, management team and backroom squad are negative.
— Celtic Football Club (@CelticFC) January 10, 2021
On Friday, Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon publicly questioned whether the club and its players were complying with social-distancing rules after seeing photographs on social media.
"For me, the question for Celtic is what is the purpose of them being there?
"I've seen a comment from the club that said it's more for rest and recuperation than it is for training.
"I've also seen some photographs, and I can only comment on what I've seen as I don't know the full circumstances, that would raise a question in my mind of whether all the rules of what elite players have to do within their bubbles, if social distancing is being complied with.
"There are things there that should be looked into."
Celtic assistant manager John Kennedy admitted over the weekend that the photos may have painted a "bleak picture" but also stressed the need to move on.
Speaking in relation to the incident he said,
"As much as we possibly can, we speak to the players in terms of the protocols they must adhere to, because everyone wants football to continue, we want to abide by all the rules.
"If there's any error in that, we try to eradicate that or fix it, and that's what we did. The picture maybe paints a bleak picture but we have got to move on from that.
"The government and the SFA have said there is not really a case to answer, we have submitted what we need to, and they are content with that, so we just have to concentrate on moving forward now."
Download the brand new OffTheBall App in the Play Store & App Store right now! We've got you covered!
Subscribe to OffTheBall's YouTube channel for more videos, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for the latest sporting news and content.